We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual's personal information and adopt the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
During the provision of or through your use of our Platform or our Website, we may collect your personal information. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form.
The kinds of personal information we collect may include:
- contact details such as your full name, business or personal addresses, email addresses and phone numbers;
- contact details of your staff, contractors or other representatives, such as their full names, business or personal addresses, email addresses and phone numbers;
- details of the contract(s) offered to Residents at your Retirement Village(s), including financial obligations;
- financial information including credit card details.
Generally, we will collect your personal information through:
- direct contact with you, whether in person or over the phone, email or post;
- the completion of online forms; or
- information service providers, social media sites or publicly available information;
- the date and time of your visit to our Website or Platform;
- your IP address;
- pages that you accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
We may require your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow you to effectively use our Platform;
- for accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent or unless required by law.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Generally, we hold your personal information electronically, but may from time to time hold your information in paper form also.
We will destroy your personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us.
If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer:
Att: Privacy Officer
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- We may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
Please direct all privacy related feedback (compliments, complaints and general feedback) to our privacy officer via email@example.com
At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with in a prompt and confidential manner.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation, which will take no more than 30 days.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.